Taoism is a philosophy crafted by the consciousness of the individual. As such, The Way does not need a guru or master to guide its wisdom for you. In addition, you cannot fall or rise to an imaginary pious status with The Tao.
By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try.
The world is beyond the winning.
2. I do not force myself to meditate.
3. I cannot recall many of the 81 verses.
4. There are no rituals I must rehearse or practice.
5. I can walk past the Tao and not be reminded to thank or bless it.
6. I cannot kneel to it at an altar or my bedside.
7. I do not read the Tao every day, in fact, I go
days without listening to its pages.
8. I have no responsibility to recruit, convert, or sway others of different philosophical or religious ilks.
9. I am not (Saved) by Taoism. (There is nothing to be saved from).
10. I have no restrictions on foods, music, movies, or wearing
11. There exist no holidays or observations in its remembrance.
12. There are no mediators necessary for the Tao and I.